The Irish Mob

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Irish Mob is boss. That is all.

Feeling creative? Want to show your love for the Mob? Do both in one go - check out the Mr/Ms Mob 2010 competition!
Don't forget to visit our chatbox for some random chatter about nothing in particular.
Invite all your friends! Invite everyone you could ever know!
Help us continue our story 6 words at a time here.

Background Information

Kromel
    Kromel
    Bed Intruder
    Bed Intruder

Background Information Empty Background Information

Post by Kromel Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:17 pm

STOP! Calm down, take a breath. You don't need to read any of the HP Lovecraft books, or even know how to pronounce the word Cthulhu, in order to play. In fact, the less you know about Cthulhu or the mythos, the better!

My Call of Cthulhu campaign starts in October 1925.

Based on how well the pilot adventure goes, most of the adventures will be around the New England Area.

More than likely, your characters will be based in either Boston or New York City, that will be determined later.

The Cthulhu Mythos is based on writings from H.P. Lovecraft and other Authors.

And if you are new to the Cthulhu Mythos, don't research anything about the subject, I think it will add more if you learn about the Mythos along with your character.

Call of Cthulhu RPG is a horror game, not an action game. Whilst there can be LOTS of action, it is a mystery game at heart. Things are not as they appear to be. Proper investigating is your key to solving mysteries. During your travels, you will investigate strange people, research in far off libraries.

You will rely on Wit much more than your pistol. Your weapon is only there to make you feel better.

As you dig deeper in to the mysteries of the world, you will become more knowledgeable in it's deep, dark secrets. However, knowledge has a price, that price may be your sanity.

Turn back now my friend, before it is too late! Ignorance is bliss...