The Irish Mob is boss. That is all.

Feeling creative? Want to show your love for the Mob? Do both in one go - check out the Mr/Ms Mob 2010 competition!
Don't forget to visit our chatbox for some random chatter about nothing in particular.
Invite all your friends! Invite everyone you could ever know!
Help us continue our story 6 words at a time here.

    Mythology

    Share

    Guest
    Guest

    Mythology

    Post by Guest on Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:12 pm

    It doesn't have to be Greek or Norse or any popular kind.

    But I do think it'll be fun to theorise on who best personifies us.

    So...

    Redline:
    Mnemosyne (Greek) - Goddess of memory and remembrance and mother of the nine Muses.

    Not well known, I know. But I don't care.
    Rho was saying that, though I may be forgetful, I do have a lot of general (and often random) knowledge that I somehow manage to retain. Also, I'm pretty creative so the whole "mother of the Muses" works pretty well.

    Exxy:
    Odin (Norse) - Ruler of Asgard, associated with wisdom, war, battle, death, magic, poetry, prophecy, victory and the hunt.

    I only thought it fit 'cause of the poetry, battle and death thing ('cause he's a gamer who likes poetry) but meh. Big ego he has, amirite?

    What do you guys think of yourselves? Or each other (preferably nothing too offensive, boys)?
    avatar
    Rhosauce
    Can't Triforce
    Can't Triforce

    Posts : 355 Join date : 2010-11-26

    Re: Mythology

    Post by Rhosauce on Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:24 pm

    I have many to choose from since I enjoy celtic, mesoamerican and greek mythology. I wouldn't know where to begin, which is why I settled on the mesoamerican Nahual. It was the simplest concept with which I felt a connection.

    Laa

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Mythology

    Post by Guest on Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:51 pm

    I maintain that Rho suits:
    Nyx - Primeval goddess of night, extremely powerful.
    Metis - Goddess of good counsel, advise, planning, cunning, craftiness and wisdom, and mother of Athena.
    Hecate - Goddess of magic, witchcraft, the night, moon, ghosts and necromancy

    But that's just me Blushing

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Mythology

    Post by Guest on Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:03 pm

    FFFFFFFFF-
    Double post.

    Eggbert:
    Ankou (Breton) - Personification of death.

    I figure he'd kill us all with a temper like his.
    avatar
    Xian
    You are tearin' me apart!
    You are tearin' me apart!

    Posts : 142 Join date : 2010-11-27

    Re: Mythology

    Post by Xian on Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:27 pm

    if anything, for me it has to be Norse mythology

    Logi or Loge (Old Norse "fire") is a fire giant, god and personification of fire.
    avatar
    Eggbert
    I am disappoint
    I am disappoint

    Posts : 159 Join date : 2010-11-27

    Re: Mythology

    Post by Eggbert on Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:29 pm

    I'm the Grim Reaper. Catface
    avatar
    ephie
    The Dagda
    The Dagda

    Posts : 602 Join date : 2010-11-26

    Re: Mythology

    Post by ephie on Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:56 pm

    Eggbert wrote:I'm the Grim Reaper. Catface
    Disagree'd. You're Oolong.


    Regardless of what Dadga stands for, whether it's God or king or ruler, I just love the sound AND the spelling / word itself, and that is very rare for me.


    ________________________
    The question is not how far. The question is, do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far is as needed?
    avatar
    Griggle990
    You are tearin' me apart!
    You are tearin' me apart!

    Posts : 101 Join date : 2010-12-06

    Re: Mythology

    Post by Griggle990 on Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:48 pm

    I think for me, I would choose Greek mythology, since it is so chaotic and gruesome that it makes it more interesting to learn about. Like how Cronus who was the king of the Titans, ate all of his children in fear that one will rise up and overthrow his rule. But Zeus was spared by his mother by secretly sending him off to a cave and gave Cronus a rock wrapped in a blanket instead. So Zeus grows up and freed his brothers and sisters from Cronus's belly I guess, which began the God/Titan war. There are so many other stories like this and it is just amazing that this was all thought up by people in the ancient world.
    avatar
    SoJexs
    DERP
    DERP

    Posts : 58 Join date : 2010-11-30

    Re: Mythology

    Post by SoJexs on Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:08 am

    Probably Dionysus or something like that. Shit, I'm not really all that god-like really ^_^
    avatar
    Tator Tot
    Can't Triforce
    Can't Triforce

    Posts : 341 Join date : 2010-11-27

    Re: Mythology

    Post by Tator Tot on Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:17 am

    Sun Wukong - a perfect embodiment of me if I chose to be a deity.
    avatar
    J3ipolarGod
    I am disappoint
    I am disappoint

    Posts : 174 Join date : 2010-11-27

    Re: Mythology

    Post by J3ipolarGod on Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:23 am

    I don't like the Greek God's.

    I think that Lao Tzu was kind of fucking cool, though.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Mythology

    Post by Guest on Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:18 am

    SoJexs wrote:Probably Dionysus or something like that. Shit, I'm not really all that god-like really ^_^
    You can be a spirit in mythology too ^_^
    Or a monster! Grin

    Tator Tot wrote:Sun Wukong - a perfect embodiment of me if I chose to be a deity.
    A really fast and very strong monkey?

    J3ipolarGod wrote:I don't like the Greek God's.

    I think that Lao Tzu was kind of fucking cool, though.
    I like Greek best. SO MUCH TO LEARN! Hilarious
    Then again, the more I learn about Japanese mythology, the more I like it.
    avatar
    SoJexs
    DERP
    DERP

    Posts : 58 Join date : 2010-11-30

    Re: Mythology

    Post by SoJexs on Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:25 am

    Well so long as I am given free range, I guess I am Fox then.
    Yeah, Fox suits me Blushing

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Mythology

    Post by Guest on Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:27 am

    Wait, wait. A specific spirit or monster.

    YOU CAN'T HAVE THAT MUCH FREE RANGE.

    ... but you can be this. Grin

    EDIT: Also, my friend gave me a nickname based on the fact that fox suits ME.
    But fine. Blargh Pout

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Mythology

    Post by Guest on Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:39 am

    Double post. Ah well.

    Griggle990 wrote:I think for me, I would choose Greek mythology, since it is so chaotic and gruesome that it makes it more interesting to learn about. Like how Cronus who was the king of the Titans, ate all of his children in fear that one will rise up and overthrow his rule. But Zeus was spared by his mother by secretly sending him off to a cave and gave Cronus a rock wrapped in a blanket instead. So Zeus grows up and freed his brothers and sisters from Cronus's belly I guess, which began the God/Titan war. There are so many other stories like this and it is just amazing that this was all thought up by people in the ancient world.
    You think Greek mythology is chaotic and gruesome? Read Irish mythology.
    Also, you missed the point. Who would you be? -_-
    avatar
    Exxy
    DERP
    DERP

    Posts : 71 Join date : 2010-12-06

    Re: Mythology

    Post by Exxy on Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:56 pm

    Redline wrote:Exxy:
    Odin (Norse) - Ruler of Asgard, associated with wisdom, war, battle, death, magic, poetry, prophecy, victory and the hunt.

    I only thought it fit 'cause of the poetry, battle and death thing ('cause he's a gamer who likes poetry) but meh. Big ego he has, amirite?

    I feel slightly offended. It's not my fault I want to be the god and king of everything awesome.
    avatar
    Tator Tot
    Can't Triforce
    Can't Triforce

    Posts : 341 Join date : 2010-11-27

    Re: Mythology

    Post by Tator Tot on Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:02 pm

    Redline wrote:
    Tator Tot wrote:Sun Wukong - a perfect embodiment of me if I chose to be a deity.
    A really fast and very strong monkey?

    Stolen from wiki but:
    Sun Wukong possesses an immense amount of strength; he is able to lift his 13,500 jīn (8,100 kg or 17,881 lbs) staff with ease. He is also superbly fast, able to travel 108,000 li (54,000 kilometers or 33,554 mi) in one somersault. Sun knows 72 transformations, which allows him to transform into various animals and objects; he has trouble, however, transforming into other people, because he is unable to complete the transformation of his tail. He is a skilled fighter, capable of holding his own against the best generals of heaven. Each of his hairs possesses magical properties, and is capable of transforming either into a clone of the Monkey King himself, or various weapons, animals, and other objects. He also knows spells that can command wind, part water, conjure protective circles against demons, and freeze humans, demons, and gods alike.

    Bolded the important part.
    avatar
    Wildman
    I am disappoint
    I am disappoint

    Posts : 166 Join date : 2010-12-02

    Re: Mythology

    Post by Wildman on Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:56 pm

    I created every god ever thought of so none of them suit me.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Mythology

    Post by Guest on Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:17 pm

    Exxy wrote:
    Redline wrote:Exxy:
    Odin (Norse) - Ruler of Asgard, associated with wisdom, war, battle, death, magic, poetry, prophecy, victory and the hunt.

    I only thought it fit 'cause of the poetry, battle and death thing ('cause he's a gamer who likes poetry) but meh. Big ego he has, amirite?

    I feel slightly offended. It's not my fault I want to be the god and king of everything awesome.
    True enough. Though it's meant to fit your personality Uhh
    Tator Tot wrote:
    Redline wrote:
    Tator Tot wrote:Sun Wukong - a perfect embodiment of me if I chose to be a deity.
    A really fast and very strong monkey?

    Stolen from wiki but:
    Sun Wukong possesses an immense amount of strength; he is able to lift his 13,500 jīn (8,100 kg or 17,881 lbs) staff with ease. He is also superbly fast, able to travel 108,000 li (54,000 kilometers or 33,554 mi) in one somersault. Sun knows 72 transformations, which allows him to transform into various animals and objects; he has trouble, however, transforming into other people, because he is unable to complete the transformation of his tail. He is a skilled fighter, capable of holding his own against the best generals of heaven. Each of his hairs possesses magical properties, and is capable of transforming either into a clone of the Monkey King himself, or various weapons, animals, and other objects. He also knows spells that can command wind, part water, conjure protective circles against demons, and freeze humans, demons, and gods alike.

    Bolded the important part.
    Still a monkey Catface
    And you wish! Sigh
    avatar
    Tator Tot
    Can't Triforce
    Can't Triforce

    Posts : 341 Join date : 2010-11-27

    Re: Mythology

    Post by Tator Tot on Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:46 pm

    Redline wrote:Still a monkey
    And you wish!
    I have no problem with being a monkey man
    Also, I know every time I've ever seen a god I gave him my "You deserve a stern dicking" face.
    See Example:
    avatar
    ephie
    The Dagda
    The Dagda

    Posts : 602 Join date : 2010-11-26

    Re: Mythology

    Post by ephie on Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:07 pm

    Tator Tot wrote:Also, I know every time I've ever seen a god I gave him my "You deserve a stern dicking" face.
    See Example:
    Hey, you can't hit on my sister like that.


    ________________________
    The question is not how far. The question is, do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far is as needed?
    avatar
    SoJexs
    DERP
    DERP

    Posts : 58 Join date : 2010-11-30

    Re: Mythology

    Post by SoJexs on Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:39 pm

    For my choice, I was going by the generalization of the name given to trickster spirits by the combined myths of the various Native American nations, more or less because I never heard any other name given to them. Kitsune are basically the same damn thing with shape-shifting powers though, so that works.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Mythology

    Post by Guest on Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:42 am

    ephie wrote:
    Tator Tot wrote:Also, I know every time I've ever seen a god I gave him my "You deserve a stern dicking" face.
    See Example:
    Hey, you can't hit on my sister like that.
    HAHAHA, that didn't even occur to me! Lol!
    Tot, hitting on me. Pfffffffff Snicker XB Hilarious

    SoJexs wrote:For my choice, I was going by the generalization of the name given to trickster spirits by the combined myths of the various Native American nations, more or less because I never heard any other name given to them. Kitsune are basically the same damn thing with shape-shifting powers though, so that works.
    It has nine tails too! Grin
    avatar
    Tator Tot
    Can't Triforce
    Can't Triforce

    Posts : 341 Join date : 2010-11-27

    Re: Mythology

    Post by Tator Tot on Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:38 am

    Wait... what
    avatar
    Rhosauce
    Can't Triforce
    Can't Triforce

    Posts : 355 Join date : 2010-11-26

    Re: Mythology

    Post by Rhosauce on Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:12 am

    I'm a fan of most mythologies' moon deities/spirits. I'm not entirely sure why, I just become attached to their legends very easily.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Mythology

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:35 pm