The Irish Mob is boss. That is all.

Feeling creative? Want to show your love for the Mob? Do both in one go - check out the Mr/Ms Mob 2010 competition!
Don't forget to visit our chatbox for some random chatter about nothing in particular.
Invite all your friends! Invite everyone you could ever know!
Help us continue our story 6 words at a time here.

Music Sharing

ericxboba
    DERP
    DERP

Music Sharing

Post by ericxboba on Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:17 pm

I found this interesting article/interview with an artist who distributed his music over the internet for free because iTunes jacked his stuff up.

What do you all think of the file sharing and how the music industry is changing?

Here is the article.
    Xyless
    Sad Keanu
    Sad Keanu

Re: Music Sharing

Post by Xyless on Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:31 pm

I believe that artists who support sharing music benefit from the fact that at least their music is being distributed and people are more willing to listen to it. My personal favorite artist, Renard, who uses LapFoxTrax as his personal production label, has this to say about his views on the business:

(I'm not retyping it, just click enlarge)

I completely agree with him, and I know quite a few artists that have similar views, like Jonathan Coulton.

Basically, the music industry shouldn't be about making tons of money, same as publishing books. My sister got ticked at me because I said it was the book publishing company's fault that digital distribution of books is not free, asking me if I thought that publishing companies should get nothing. I said "no, why should they if they can't adapt to this? This is a far cheaper, easier, and 'green' method of sharing information, why should we have to pay just as much, maybe more in some cases, for them?"

Because industries don't want to take a hit to do something that's beneficial to the world.
    Tator Tot
    Can't Triforce
    Can't Triforce

Post by Tator Tot on Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:47 pm

The biggest problem with artists and this whole issue is labels own the rights to their music and the only way they can make that first album is by signing a deal and then they're stuck with that company for another 2 albums usually

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:49 pm