The Irish Mob

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Irish Mob is boss. That is all.

Feeling creative? Want to show your love for the Mob? Do both in one go - check out the Mr/Ms Mob 2010 competition!
Don't forget to visit our chatbox for some random chatter about nothing in particular.
Invite all your friends! Invite everyone you could ever know!
Help us continue our story 6 words at a time here.

4 posters

Beta Testing for Darkspore

rocket455
    rocket455
    Sad Keanu
    Sad Keanu

Beta Testing for Darkspore Empty Beta Testing for Darkspore

Post by rocket455 Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:50 pm

Hey guys, I am on this large list of being a beta tester for a lot of games these days.

Anyhow I will start to share them when I get them for those that do not have access and or would like to try some free games!

Dark Spore - Beta testing now!
    If your asked where you got the info from just mention
    gamerhookup.com

http://www.darkspore.com/newsletter_home.php?sourceid=eap1181&om_u=2264975901&om_i=_BNTHb8B8YIbdUR

Last edited by rocket455 on Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Koblentz
    Koblentz
    Can't Triforce
    Can't Triforce

Beta Testing for Darkspore Empty Re: Beta Testing for Darkspore

Post by Koblentz Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:44 am

The premise sounds pretty cool, I signed up for the beta.
    catalyticCthulhu
    catalyticCthulhu
    Sad Keanu
    Sad Keanu

Beta Testing for Darkspore Empty Darkspore

Post by catalyticCthulhu Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:37 pm

So I am signed up to get into EA betas when available and I got an email telling me closed beta events are on the way and to make sure my contact info was up to date. It looks like I should be getting into the next beta event(if not, one soon after) and wondered if anyone had much interest in this game. I don't know much about it yet, I basically just knew it existed and was in development. Here is the link to the movies page and you can navigate elsewhere from there. It seems interesting at the very least. I will keep you all posted when I am in testing, fo sho.
    catalyticCthulhu
    catalyticCthulhu
    Sad Keanu
    Sad Keanu

Post by catalyticCthulhu Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:50 pm

DAMMIT!

I searched for Darkspore on the forums before making the thread and came up with nothing because he put a space in the name of the game. I swear I am not lazy/stupid and tried to make sure there wasn't already a thread.
    ephie
    ephie
    The Dagda
    The Dagda

Post by ephie Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:11 pm

No worries brosef. That's what I'm here for. :P

(I signed up as well, btw.)
    Koblentz
    Koblentz
    Can't Triforce
    Can't Triforce

Post by Koblentz Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:42 pm

I still don't know exactly what this game is supposed to be despite the overview they provide.

Join the universe of Darkspore™, a fast-paced, sci-fi Action-RPG in which you battle across alien worlds to save the galaxy from the mutated forces of Darkspore.

Fight in co-op and solo battles against hordes of Darkspore enemies and bosses.

Collect an arsenal of living weapons - genetic heroes with different combat abilities - and upgrade them with tens of thousands of collectible body parts and armor.

Make your heroes truly unique and deeply customized in an enhanced version of the award-winning Spore Creature Editor.

Pit your customized, upgraded collection of heroes in PvP arena battles against other players.

Destroy the infestation of Darkspore and liberate the galaxy in a unique and highly replayable sci-fi action campaign.

Gonna go watch some vids.
    ephie
    ephie
    The Dagda
    The Dagda

Post by ephie Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:04 pm

Diablo 2 with heroes you can create in a Spore like creator and with a Sci-fi twist.. You can make a couple and switch between them mid battle if somethings giving you trouble, as well.
    rocket455
    rocket455
    Sad Keanu
    Sad Keanu

Post by rocket455 Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:13 pm

catalyticCthulhu wrote:DAMMIT!

I searched for Darkspore on the forums before making the thread and came up with nothing because he put a space in the name of the game. I swear I am not lazy/stupid and tried to make sure there wasn't already a thread.

Oops! Sorry fixed that! All one word now
    catalyticCthulhu
    catalyticCthulhu
    Sad Keanu
    Sad Keanu

Post by catalyticCthulhu Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:50 pm

rocket455 wrote:
    catalyticCthulhu wrote:DAMMIT!

Oops! Sorry fixed that! All one word now

Hehe.. awesome.. I just felt idiotic because this is the second time this week I made a new thread for a game that we already had one going =P So I threw my fist in the air and yelled "RROOOOOOOOOCCCKKKEETTTT!"
    catalyticCthulhu
    catalyticCthulhu
    Sad Keanu
    Sad Keanu

Post by catalyticCthulhu Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:22 pm

In my inbox:

Welcome to the Darkspore Beta!

Check your emails yo.

Edit:

So looking at the actual email I am perturbed though..

Welcome to the Darkspore Beta!

Congratulations, you've been invited to the Darkspore Beta!

Please join us and play Darkspore this weekend!

Start: 12:00PM PST Friday Feb 11th

End: 12:00AM PST Saturday Feb 12th

-

Hopefully they meant a SUNDAY morning cutoff.. And not just a 12 hour test.. Either way that is friggin short.

I remember the good old days of: beta starts, people trickle in, keep playing until release.. None of this set day crap.. I am missing Rift already.. Didn't have a lot of free time during last weekend's test phase. Luckily the next one is from Tuesday to the following Monday.. However, something in the description said it being the last something. I couldn't tell if that was about the lore(being a FINAL BATTLE FTW) or if it is indeed the last one.
    catalyticCthulhu
    catalyticCthulhu
    Sad Keanu
    Sad Keanu

Post by catalyticCthulhu Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:40 am

So testing Darkspore as I write this.. The tutorial was the single most boring tutorial I have ever played. It is touted as a simulation in the game. So it is a black background with blue grid-lines for the landscape. You fight the same 2 types of monsters over and over again with a couple of mini-bosses(the same boss twice). Then you fight a horde of 3 types of monsters(same amount spawn 3 times or something).

Now I am at the load-out screen reading the profiles of the heroes/creatures(gotta catch 'em all!) and they have a couple paragraphs of flavor/ability description. The heroes abilities seem pretty varied and interesting.. (Watch the Andromeda video at the Darkspore page to see some badass abilities). So it seems if the initial testing time-frame is correct I have about 20 minutes left to test this time around..
    catalyticCthulhu
    catalyticCthulhu
    Sad Keanu
    Sad Keanu

Post by catalyticCthulhu Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:01 am

Alright I am sad.. 4 posts in a row.. But yes, confirmed the servers are due up to come down SUNDAY morning after midnight.. I am not crazy, right? Technically Saturday at midnight would be 8 hours after the test started.. Once it hits midnight, it is the next day of the week from what it was at 11:59PM.... jive turkayz...

Any dang way.. The game just plain isn't very special.. I should have known it isn't exactly an MMO.. Just a virtual lobby while you are "on your spaceship" between missions. Set up groups to do campaign levels a la other games I can't think of right now. And I knew they would somehow encourage senseless grinding rather than enjoying a trip through the campaign solo or with a group. After you beat a mission you can immediately go back and do it again with slightly harder spawns for a CHANCE at more, better loot. But if you die you lose all the loot. Why can't a guy just be expected to go through a game doing the best he can on the first run(which I aced the first level finding the special thingies, not dying, and apparently just not quite killing every spawn) and move on with the game? Senseless grinding is an excuse to not have a surplus of interesting content to fill the game once over.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:36 pm