The Irish Mob is boss. That is all.

Feeling creative? Want to show your love for the Mob? Do both in one go - check out the Mr/Ms Mob 2010 competition!
Don't forget to visit our chatbox for some random chatter about nothing in particular.
Invite all your friends! Invite everyone you could ever know!
Help us continue our story 6 words at a time here.

Lord of the Rings Online

catalyticCthulhu
    Sad Keanu
    Sad Keanu

Lord of the Rings Online

Post by catalyticCthulhu on Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:42 pm

(skip down to the bottom if you want to skip my brief rant/explanation of LOTRO F2P for those who haven't heard much about it)

So........ LOTRO is now in F2P mode. I like that I can hop on and play some LOTRO whenever I want now with no sub, but there are a LOT of drawbacks(a bit fewer for people who had purchased LOTRO in the past). My main gripe is having to purchase quest packs and if I read it right, you also don't even have access to certain zones without buying them. So my level 36 has 4 backpacks that I can't access, quests I can't get credit for, and can only play 3 of my 4 characters I had.

You CAN earn Turbine Points by completing certain quests but mostly by doing "deeds." They usually are "Kill X of this monster" or "Find 8 of these special locations in the zone" type of things. They grant you 5-15 or so TP's so you can theoretically earn a bit this way, but ultimately it seems pretty infeasible to get through the game fully on free play.

-

I love the game so much, though. My second favorite MMO behind Dark Age of Camelot so I think I will start a new character if nothing else to start earning some TP's for my main. So.... Where does everyone here who plays/has played have characters.. As in what server? I have my 4 mains on Gladden. Not going to start another there because of the character slot cap for me is 3. I am willing to roll one on another server.. Let's get a consensus of where we have the most players and we can all play there if nothing else but to get some TP's for those of us with old characters..

If there is no preference for server, I think I started one on like Windfola or something today.
    ephie
    The Dagda
    The Dagda

Re: Lord of the Rings Online

Post by ephie on Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:35 pm

The zones are only high level and expansion zones. My current characters from before the switch have access to all their bags. Mine are on Gladden. Only three characters? I had five slots. @.@

Sad Keanu
    Sad Keanu

Post by catalyticCthulhu on Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:55 pm

I haven't checked the specifics of the zone restrictions, I may be in the clear for questing.. I just think it is terrible you don't get credit for the deeds completed from before F2P..

In any event that is awesome you are on Gladden!

I have a 36 Captain, mid 20's hunter, 18 guardian, and like 12 loremaster..

I only have 3 slots. Premium account. I can see my bags and their contents, but I think you can only actively use the first one. Maybe I am wrong, though. I can't remember what it was listed as for premium.. But yeah.. I definitely only have 3 slots. It shows 5 slots, but only 3 can be used. It even asked me to pick 3 of my 5 characters I had up there. (I had rolled a captain and was unhappy with it for some reason and rerolled him at level 11).

Check that you can use all 5 slots, or it just shows them. I click on my 4th char and it is shaded red and you can't log in. But the bags you may be right.. I should have paid more attention..

Anyway.. we need to hook up on Gladden sometime. I love that server, been in 3 different great guilds over my time. I have a house I just need to pay the upkeep for to reactivate.
    catalyticCthulhu
    Sad Keanu
    Sad Keanu

Post by catalyticCthulhu on Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:20 pm

Here is the break down by account type...
    http://www.lotro.com/free.php?tier=details

Notable irritations even for Premium: Trait slot limitations, quest packs(it says just the starter zones, whereas VIP says all of Eriador), backpacks, chat limits, not able to spend destiny points, no monster play, and gold cap :(
    Griggle990
    You are tearin' me apart!

Post by Griggle990 on Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:48 pm

I have a level 34 captain on Meneldor. I also have a level 8 character on Landroval. I am using a paid account so I have no restrictions. Hay if anyone wants to play just tell me.
    catalyticCthulhu
    Sad Keanu
    Sad Keanu

Post by catalyticCthulhu on Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:15 pm

Captains are the best. I LOVE Jack-of-All trade classes. Reminds me of a Warden from DAOC which was my fav class of all time.
    Griggle990

Post by Griggle990 on Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:15 pm

I tried DAOC but I can never get into it. I don't know maybe you show me around but I liked Warhammer Online much better.
    catalyticCthulhu
    Sad Keanu
    Sad Keanu

Post by catalyticCthulhu on Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:21 pm

Griggle990 wrote:I tried DAOC but I can never get into it. I don't know maybe you show me around but I liked Warhammer Online much better.

It's dated now.. I mean for its time, it was the most fun for me :)
    Griggle990

Post by Griggle990 on Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:10 pm

catalyticCthulhu wrote:
    Griggle990 wrote:I tried DAOC but I can never get into it. I don't know maybe you show me around but I liked Warhammer Online much better.

It's dated now.. I mean for its time, it was the most fun for me :)
    True I guess I am spoiled with the WOW type MMORPGs that the older ones seem strange and awkward to me. Hay if you want we can create a new character and start our own guild on LOTRO.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:58 am