The Irish Mob

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Irish Mob is boss. That is all.

Feeling creative? Want to show your love for the Mob? Do both in one go - check out the Mr/Ms Mob 2010 competition!
Don't forget to visit our chatbox for some random chatter about nothing in particular.
Invite all your friends! Invite everyone you could ever know!
Help us continue our story 6 words at a time here.

+3
Tator Tot
Koblentz
Rhosauce
7 posters

Rhosauce's Hands: Where headsets go to die.

Rhosauce
    Rhosauce
    Can't Triforce
    Can't Triforce

Rhosauce's Hands: Where headsets go to die. Empty Rhosauce's Hands: Where headsets go to die.

Post by Rhosauce Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:11 am

Grr I kill headsets. A lot. In the last three years, I've managed to kill at least 5 headsets (although one of them may have been faulty).

I don't know why headset wires enjoy wrapping themselves around my ankles (maybe to garrote my feet) but they tend not to last long in my possession.

I need advice on durable, good quality headsets. I've owned the Logitech Precision Gaming Headset and some other random ones I found lying around the house. I am a big fan of the one I linked though so if anyone can tell me whether it's me or the headset that is faulty, please do.

Otherwise, simply link to suggestions below. Thanks!

P.S. It might be handy to know I generally prefer the headsets that wrap around the back of the head but at this point, I just really want a working headset. Dead
    Koblentz
    Koblentz
    Can't Triforce
    Can't Triforce

Rhosauce's Hands: Where headsets go to die. Empty Re: Rhosauce's Hands: Where headsets go to die.

Post by Koblentz Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:25 am

Get a twist tie and use it to secure the extra cord to your computer case. I have several headphones that have 6-9 foot cords and would snag everywhere if I didn't do that.

As for the headset itself, I'd recommend a cheap Logitech with dual 3.5mm audio plugs. USB headsets are dumb (overdesigned, useless extra features) and tend to stop working suddenly. I have been using a less-fancy version of this headset since 2008; it came from a webcam + headset combo pack that cost like $20. The sound quality on mine -- both speakers and mic -- is perfect for multiplayer gaming.
    Tator Tot
    Tator Tot
    Can't Triforce
    Can't Triforce

Rhosauce's Hands: Where headsets go to die. Empty Re: Rhosauce's Hands: Where headsets go to die.

Post by Tator Tot Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:46 pm

I can give some recommendations but they can be region based.

So are you in the UK right now? (Or Geneva like it says in your profile, I know you kinda go everywhere so that's why it matters.)

Also how much are you looking to spend. There are some really great headsets out there; but they can be kinda pricey.
    Rhosauce
    Rhosauce
    Can't Triforce
    Can't Triforce

Post by Rhosauce Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:58 pm

Price isn't much of an issue if it's a good enough headset to last me.

I'm in Switzerland. I've given up on the UK - they're jerks. We've got some good stores for electronics over here but I'd really like some recommendations before I go in and ask for help.

Shoot, Tot. Let me know what you think would be good.

Like I said in my first post, I am a fan of the Logitech one. The difference between the one I linked and the one Kobe linked is comfort. I've got one similar to the one you put up, Kobe and my god, it kills my ears! Or rather, the ridges of my ears. I like headsets with cushion and preferably some noise-reduction.

Tator Tot
    Tator Tot
    Can't Triforce
    Can't Triforce

Post by Tator Tot Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:18 pm

Switzerland actually is pretty easy all things considered as that's still Europe.

Sennheiser PC 350's are very comfortable with the best sound and mic quality you can pull out of a headset.
    These things are costly but the band is very soft; and the cups sit very nicely, even if you have large ears.
    These should be easily available atleast online.

Steel Series 7H's would be a close second. They are not quiet as comfortable but they sound great and give the option of USB (worse sound quality) or 3.5mm jacks (2 cords then.)
    They don't include the whole cord length in one cord though, you get an extension which can be more useful for you.

Like Kobe said, I would get a cable clamp or some sort, and just have the excess wire stuck to your desk and such.

Either of these cans are top tier as far as headsets go.

Senn's been doing professional audio for a very long time. The PC 350's were specifically designed for being worn for long periods of time.

And Steel Series actually uses Senn to make the 7H's, though they are Steel Series' own design.
    Xian
    Xian
    You are tearin' me apart!
    You are tearin' me apart!

Post by Xian Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:21 pm

i 2nd the Sennheiser PC350's. got a set myself, awesome headset and mic
    ephie
    ephie
    The Dagda
    The Dagda

Post by ephie Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:34 pm

I just got the TekNMotion Pulsewave headset for Christmas. Best headset I've ever had, and the price has been lowered to a measly fourty bucks. (It was 56.) It has virtual 7.1 surround sound, vibration force feedback for bass (Which is just downright epic.), and light cycles on the side for pimpin' in public. (If you're worried about the mic, it's detachable for when you leave your computer. Grin ) It has either USB or 3.5 for sound, but you'll need to plug in the USB regardless to power the force feedback or the lights. It also came with pretty good software for the headset, and a portable battery pack for when you want bass and lights while out in public. All in all, it's a great deal for a great headset, for sure.

Just my $0.02.
    Xyless
    Xyless
    Sad Keanu
    Sad Keanu

Post by Xyless Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:22 am

Sennheiser is always the best bang for the buck.

I've had the ClearChat (previously linked to in the discussion already) and another Logitech one that I can't remember. If I can remember it, I'll mention it.
    J3ipolarGod
    J3ipolarGod
    I am disappoint
    I am disappoint

Post by J3ipolarGod Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:20 am

ephie wrote:I just got the TekNMotion Pulsewave headset for Christmas. Best headset I've ever had, and the price has been lowered to a measly fourty bucks. (It was 56.) It has virtual 7.1 surround sound, vibration force feedback for bass (Which is just downright epic.), and light cycles on the side for pimpin' in public. (If you're worried about the mic, it's detachable for when you leave your computer. Grin ) It has either USB or 3.5 for sound, but you'll need to plug in the USB regardless to power the force feedback or the lights. It also came with pretty good software for the headset, and a portable battery pack for when you want bass and lights while out in public. All in all, it's a great deal for a great headset, for sure.

Just my $0.02.

Just purchased!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:50 pm