The Irish Mob is boss. That is all.

Feeling creative? Want to show your love for the Mob? Do both in one go - check out the Mr/Ms Mob 2010 competition!
Don't forget to visit our chatbox for some random chatter about nothing in particular.
Invite all your friends! Invite everyone you could ever know!
Help us continue our story 6 words at a time here.

    Tator's Stand-up of the week (#1)

    Share
    avatar
    Tator Tot
    Can't Triforce
    Can't Triforce

    Posts : 341 Join date : 2010-11-27

    Tator's Stand-up of the week (#1)

    Post by Tator Tot on Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:22 am

    Don't worry, I actually don't plan to h ave more than one of these but we'll see.

    It's Monday and going over the last week I've really just come face first into a problem I always run into; time's a bitch.
    Others time never matches up with my time; but my time always matches up with their time.

    What do I mean by that? Well I spend a good majority of my time connected in some social sense to the world, either by being around people or connected to a social network; though it always seems that when I could use 10 minutes to relax and rewind; talk with some friends and chill, the particular person I want to talk to is always busy at that time.
    Though when they need to talk to me; I am available about a good 97% of the time.

    It's very rarely that I'm unavailable. At least for those that have my cell phone number. ( For those that seriously want it; I'll give it out. )

    So that's really my soap box for the week.

    All I want this week is the ability to freeze time. For everyone. So they can take the time to talk to everyone they want to talk to, and then everything resumes.
    If I could figure out how to do that; I'm pretty sure the world would be a better place.

    Till the next time I feel like standing up and blabbering my gullet!
    avatar
    Eggbert
    I am disappoint
    I am disappoint

    Posts : 159 Join date : 2010-11-27

    Re: Tator's Stand-up of the week (#1)

    Post by Eggbert on Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:32 am

    I can actually kind of relate to that. Good show old bean.
    avatar
    Rhosauce
    Can't Triforce
    Can't Triforce

    Posts : 355 Join date : 2010-11-26

    Re: Tator's Stand-up of the week (#1)

    Post by Rhosauce on Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:41 am

    I totally agree although I've made my peace it with it because I have reached the following conclusion: very few people are actually worth the time. I make more time for the people whose company I value and that's about it.

    Unless someone tries to make time for me but that isn't the issue here.

    Not Funny

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Tator's Stand-up of the week (#1)

    Post by Guest on Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:55 am

    Rhosauce wrote:I totally agree although I've made my peace it with it because I have reached the following conclusion: very few people are actually worth the time. I make more time for the people whose company I value and that's about it.

    Unless someone tries to make time for me but that isn't the issue here.

    Not Funny
    +1111111111111
    avatar
    Nader
    DERP
    DERP

    Posts : 71 Join date : 2010-11-26

    Re: Tator's Stand-up of the week (#1)

    Post by Nader on Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:36 pm

    I've had no time lately and I now want 30 hour days. That way I could have more time for sleeping cuz that's what I've been cutting time OUT of lately.
    avatar
    Tator Tot
    Can't Triforce
    Can't Triforce

    Posts : 341 Join date : 2010-11-27

    Re: Tator's Stand-up of the week (#1)

    Post by Tator Tot on Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:43 pm

    Redline wrote:
    Rhosauce wrote:I totally agree although I've made my peace it with it because I have reached the following conclusion: very few people are actually worth the time. I make more time for the people whose company I value and that's about it.

    Unless someone tries to make time for me but that isn't the issue here.

    Not Funny
    +1111111111111

    While I can agree; very few people are worth the time, I still come to the conclusion that Nader has:

    Nader wrote:I've had no time lately and I now want 30 hour days. That way I could have more time for sleeping cuz that's what I've been cutting time OUT of lately.

    For those people worth the time, I end up cutting out of my sleep time. Which is nil to start with.

    Between school, and only 3 hours of sleep a night I've been exhausted.
    avatar
    J3ipolarGod
    I am disappoint
    I am disappoint

    Posts : 174 Join date : 2010-11-27

    Re: Tator's Stand-up of the week (#1)

    Post by J3ipolarGod on Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:48 pm

    +1, Tot!
    avatar
    ephie
    The Dagda
    The Dagda

    Posts : 602 Join date : 2010-11-26

    Re: Tator's Stand-up of the week (#1)

    Post by ephie on Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:50 pm

    Props to you Tot, and I think you should have more than one. This was good stuff!


    ________________________
    The question is not how far. The question is, do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far is as needed?
    avatar
    Xian
    You are tearin' me apart!
    You are tearin' me apart!

    Posts : 142 Join date : 2010-11-27

    Re: Tator's Stand-up of the week (#1)

    Post by Xian on Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:02 pm

    i'd love to have more time, right now work is pretty much in control, i'd wish for more time just so i can be there for the people i care deeply about.

    between juggling my work, finding some time for my studies, local social life, my extended social life, yea its very tight for me. and on most ocassions its my social life that gets hit.

    as much as i hate my work, its very much my 1st priority - and thats what pisses me off the most
    avatar
    Tator Tot
    Can't Triforce
    Can't Triforce

    Posts : 341 Join date : 2010-11-27

    Re: Tator's Stand-up of the week (#1)

    Post by Tator Tot on Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:31 pm

    Thanks Ephe & BP; I may do more, just once a week, small observances.

    Xian wrote:i'd love to have more time, right now work is pretty much in control, i'd wish for more time just so i can be there for the people i care deeply about.

    between juggling my work, finding some time for my studies, local social life, my extended social life, yea its very tight for me. and on most ocassions its my social life that gets hit.

    as much as i hate my work, its very much my 1st priority - and thats what pisses me off the most

    I can feel you on this one, while I try to cut people that need my time into multitasking while working; between job searching (and when I had a job) and school work; people end up coming in third on my priorities list.

    It cycles hard because you need to be employed to go to school most of the time; and you need to have good schooling to make good money.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Tator's Stand-up of the week (#1)

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:24 pm