The Irish Mob

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Irish Mob is boss. That is all.

Feeling creative? Want to show your love for the Mob? Do both in one go - check out the Mr/Ms Mob 2010 competition!
Don't forget to visit our chatbox for some random chatter about nothing in particular.
Invite all your friends! Invite everyone you could ever know!
Help us continue our story 6 words at a time here.

Portable Music Players

Portable Music Players Empty Portable Music Players

Post by Guest Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:57 am

So my MP3 player is acting up after I think about three or four years. It's this one except with 8 GB (yes, I can survive with only 8 gigs) but the on/off switch is being an asshole lately and it crashes every time I plug it into my comp to charge.

The new Zen apparently has a lot of flaws from the get-go, otherwise I would go with that.

Does anyone have any long-lasting, easy to use and thoughtfully designed MP3 player recommendations?

EDIT: I don't need Wi-Fi or touchscreen or anything, just the ability to make playlists on the go, fit it in my pocket, preferably has good speakers built in so that you don't HAVE to use earphones and... I dunno, a low price would be good but isn't a MUST.
    Tator Tot
    Tator Tot
    Can't Triforce
    Can't Triforce

Portable Music Players Empty Re: Portable Music Players

Post by Tator Tot Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:31 am

Cowon S9
    (By the way, sorry for the link being in German; I don't know if you can read/speak German, but I took a guess between that an French)

The Cowon S9 is a beautiful little PMP (Portable Media Player) and really crushes other devices. Available in 8GB up to 32GB.
    All of that is flash storage so no interference over your headphones. And no skipping for HDD locking if you take it running or anything like that.
    Cowon S9 Review

It fits all but the speaker requirement. Though you won't find a speaker on most PMP's just because of the fact that they'll always sound like garbage unless they're on a larger device.

Their is a better player out from Archos, but I can't seem to locate an EU Seller of Archos products.

If you can find one though; the Archos 43 is a beautiful little bugger.

EDIT: I suggest checking out Anything But iPod if you haven't.
    http://anythingbutipod.com/archives/reviews/

They've got the best reviews when it comes to PMP's

Post by Guest Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:37 am

The speakers on the one I linked are teh goods, man'g.

As for the rest, I will check out the links.

Thankies! Catface
    Tator Tot
    Tator Tot
    Can't Triforce
    Can't Triforce

Post by Tator Tot Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:49 am

No problem Portable Music Players 70700
    The Zen X-Fi is larger than most of your standard devices though Portable Music Players 56822

The Archos devices have speakers most of the time; though like I said, I can't find them in the EU sadly Portable Music Players 744590

There's also the Cowon i9 to look at. It's not a bad device; though I haven't used it since they tweaked the UI some. The launch firmware was a little... slow-ish.
    You can see what I'm talking about in the video. It's just small bits here and there of a sluggish attitude coming from the device.

Post by Guest Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:01 pm

*hugs Amazon and her mule- I mean, my sister's ex* Love

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content