The Irish Mob

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Irish Mob is boss. That is all.

Feeling creative? Want to show your love for the Mob? Do both in one go - check out the Mr/Ms Mob 2010 competition!
Don't forget to visit our chatbox for some random chatter about nothing in particular.
Invite all your friends! Invite everyone you could ever know!
Help us continue our story 6 words at a time here.

5 posters

TV you're looking forward to

Koblentz
    Koblentz
    Can't Triforce
    Can't Triforce

TV you're looking forward to Empty TV you're looking forward to

Post by Koblentz Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:37 pm

Good TV these days is hard to find. It's not so much that no one's making it; rather it's the sheer volume of shit you have to wade through to find it. Too much reality TV, cheap sitcoms, and boring dramas cashing in on the latest trend.

But there is hope! This fall saw a lot of additions to the long list of great TV dramas, from FX's Terriers to AMC's The Walking Dead.

Here's what I'm looking forward to for Winter/Spring 2011.

Lights Out
    - FX - premiers January 11, 2011
    An FX drama about boxing and its associated underworld. Looks dark and gritty. Given FX's track record with dramas so far, it's going to be good TV.

Justified
    - FX - season 2 premiers February 2011
    Another FX drama, thjs time about a trigger-happy US Marshal who returns to his hometown in eastern Kentucky. Season 1 was awesome, very character-driven, high body-count.

Breakout Kings
    - A&E - premiers "early 2011"
    Not much info here. Wikipedia on the premise: "A squad of U.S. marshals team up with ex-cons to work together on tracking down prison escapees." Sounds like fun!
    ephie
    ephie
    The Dagda
    The Dagda

TV you're looking forward to Empty Re: TV you're looking forward to

Post by ephie Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:08 pm

The Chicago Code - Fox - premieres February 7, 2011
    I'm really excited about this one. It's from the creators of the Shield, and stares Jason Clarke, an actor from one of my favorite short-lived series of all time Brotherhood. It's about one of Chicago's toughest cops trying to take down corruption as well as crime. It looks very fast paced.
    Rhosauce
    Rhosauce
    Can't Triforce
    Can't Triforce

Post by Rhosauce Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:53 pm

I so want to contribute to this but unfortunately, I have absolutely no idea what TV shows are coming out in the US. I'm seriously itching to watch The Walking Dead though.

Any ideas where I should head to find out what's due out next year? I'd appreciate the help. Catface
    Koblentz
    Koblentz
    Can't Triforce
    Can't Triforce

Post by Koblentz Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:57 pm

The TV IV is a good resource for schedules and upcoming shows, though some articles are fairly light on content (it's a wiki).
    Xian
    Xian
    You are tearin' me apart!
    You are tearin' me apart!

Post by Xian Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:08 am

nothing good (to me anyway) upcoming on Uk TV, seems most stuff i watch i start to get bored of after a while - never liked watching tv (a certain weekend i know killed me inside a bit)
    Kromel
    Kromel
    Bed Intruder
    Bed Intruder

Post by Kromel Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:06 am

Xian wrote:nothing good (to me anyway) upcoming on Uk TV, seems most stuff i watch i start to get bored of after a while - never liked watching tv (a certain weekend i know killed me inside a bit)

Nothing good upcoming on the US tube either...
    Koblentz
    Koblentz
    Can't Triforce
    Can't Triforce

Post by Koblentz Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:21 pm

American network TV is pretty terrible these days. Network audiences don't have the attention span for serious or well-crafted dramas. Cable, basic and subscription, is where all the good TV can be found these days.
    ephie
    ephie
    The Dagda
    The Dagda

Post by ephie Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:23 pm

Koblentz wrote:Cable, basic and subscription, is where all the good TV can be found these days.
    Case in point, Conan is ripping it up on TBS.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:43 pm