The Irish Mob

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Irish Mob is boss. That is all.

Feeling creative? Want to show your love for the Mob? Do both in one go - check out the Mr/Ms Mob 2010 competition!
Don't forget to visit our chatbox for some random chatter about nothing in particular.
Invite all your friends! Invite everyone you could ever know!
Help us continue our story 6 words at a time here.

+7
Xian
Koblentz
Nader
J3ipolarGod
Tator Tot
Rhosauce
ephie
11 posters

Mob Movie Madness Official Discussion

ephie
    ephie
    The Dagda
    The Dagda

Mob Movie Madness Official Discussion Empty Mob Movie Madness Official Discussion

Post by ephie Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:15 pm

So what do you guys think of a Mob movie night? I figured I'd stream a movie over JustinTV, and that way you guys could just go to the site (Or I have embedded it on the site here), enter the password, and we'd be all lined up, with no fuss and no worry. I have ten free broadcasts, and it only costs about 4.99 a month after that. (Which, admittedly, is more than I have at the moment, but after 10 free movie nights who knows where I'll be. I may just make free accounts over and over again to get past it. ;D)

So if you like the idea, are there any movies you're anxious to see with a crowd? I'm up for seeing just about anything with my mates. Grin

The movie will be broadcast on JustinTV and embedded on the front page of the Mob, where the portal is. I'll have a link to it on the navbar that night, as well. The access code will be theirishmob101 for the time being. Happy

Last edited by ephie on Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Rhosauce
    Rhosauce
    Can't Triforce
    Can't Triforce

Mob Movie Madness Official Discussion Empty Re: Mob Movie Madness Official Discussion

Post by Rhosauce Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:21 pm

You know about my love for B-horrors. Gah

Mob Movie Madness Official Discussion Empty Re: Mob Movie Madness Official Discussion

Post by Guest Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:38 pm

I WILL NOT PARTAKE IN B MOVIES WILLINGLY.
    Tator Tot
    Tator Tot
    Can't Triforce
    Can't Triforce

Post by Tator Tot Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:45 pm

I like B grade horror films.
    Redline wrote:I WILL NOT PARTAKE IN B MOVIES WILLINGLY.
    I say Rho should make her participate Kawaii
    ephie
    ephie
    The Dagda
    The Dagda

Post by ephie Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:47 pm

My movie idea for the first night would be The Boondock Saints. Drunk
    J3ipolarGod
    J3ipolarGod
    I am disappoint
    I am disappoint

Post by J3ipolarGod Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:48 pm

I'm down. I'm usually around Monday and Wednesday nights at a reasonable hour.

Post by Guest Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:49 pm

The Boondock Saints is AWESOME
    I will watch that. But I demand the right to be absent for the shite ones -_-

Also, Tot, WHY?!
    Tator Tot
    Tator Tot
    Can't Triforce
    Can't Triforce

Post by Tator Tot Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:28 pm

I'm good with the saints.
    Redline wrote:Also, Tot, WHY?!

Because.... B Grade Horrors are awesome.

If you cannot enjoy the worst of the worst for how terrible it is, how will you know what the best is?
    Nader
    Nader
    DERP
    DERP

Post by Nader Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:36 pm

Biker Zombies from Detroit has my vote. And yes. It's actually a movie.
    ephie
    ephie
    The Dagda
    The Dagda

Post by ephie Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:52 pm

loooooooooooooooooooooooooool. That looks fabulous.

EDIT: Here's a good list to go off of.
    Nader
    Nader
    DERP
    DERP

Post by Nader Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:10 pm

I definitely like this idea though... Would be lots of fun.. not to mention the criticisms we could post afterwards Evil
    Rhosauce
    Rhosauce
    Can't Triforce
    Can't Triforce

Post by Rhosauce Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:11 pm

If we can get on a VOIP program and record what is said, we won't need to write anything. Drunk
    Tator Tot
    Tator Tot
    Can't Triforce
    Can't Triforce

Post by Tator Tot Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:34 pm

I think, for a semi serious point, it'd be best to write down criticisms.
    Because I"m harsh on movies as I watch them, though I can warm up once they've finished.

Maybe Mob-Movie-Night should have it's own sub-forum where Ephe makes a topic to announce the movie, and we all discuss it after?

And we have thread where we can suggest movies and then we vote on what we want to watch.
    Koblentz
    Koblentz
    Can't Triforce
    Can't Triforce

Post by Koblentz Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:03 pm

Can we all watch The Thin Red Line? I'd like to see how long all you guys last.
    Tator Tot
    Tator Tot
    Can't Triforce
    Can't Triforce

Post by Tator Tot Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:17 pm

What about Fern Gully: The Last Rainforest?
    ephie
    ephie
    The Dagda
    The Dagda

Post by ephie Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:40 pm

Okay, so we have Zombie Bikers, Fern Gully, and The Thin Red Line. Variation, my friends.

EDIT: I don't want to make a forum just quite yet in case it doesn't go anywhere. But that would be awesome. :D For now, I figure a giant critique thread for the movie we watch will go in the Movies and TV thread, simply simple.

Should I make a poll yet or do we want a certain kind of movie to watch? (i.e. B-horror, Animated, Action, Comedy, etc.) That may help us pick a good group of 3-5 movies to vote on.
    Xian
    Xian
    You are tearin' me apart!
    You are tearin' me apart!

Post by Xian Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:16 pm

i couldnt careless about the movie, just as long as i have my whiskey on hand i'll watch anything Vandalism
    Eggbert
    Eggbert
    I am disappoint
    I am disappoint

Post by Eggbert Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:49 pm

All I remember from The Thin Red Line is some guy drops a grenade at his feet and he sits on it.
    ephie
    ephie
    The Dagda
    The Dagda

Post by ephie Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:13 am

The poll is up! Gah
    Koblentz
    Koblentz
    Can't Triforce
    Can't Triforce

Post by Koblentz Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:04 pm

Biker Zombies lmao

Mob Movie Madness Official Discussion Bikerzombies
    ephie
    ephie
    The Dagda
    The Dagda

Post by ephie Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:12 pm

It's C-horror. I'm sure of it. Pout
    Tator Tot
    Tator Tot
    Can't Triforce
    Can't Triforce

Post by Tator Tot Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:57 pm

Q- Horror.

Truly a masterpiece.
    Nader
    Nader
    DERP
    DERP

Post by Nader Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:58 pm

It's terrible and amazing.
    Rhosauce
    Rhosauce
    Can't Triforce
    Can't Triforce

Post by Rhosauce Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:24 pm

This reminds me of Werewolves on Wheels. Drunk
    Rhosauce
    Rhosauce
    Can't Triforce
    Can't Triforce

Post by Rhosauce Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:42 am

Next up, maybe around the holidays when most people have a bit more free time, we should have a Broken Lizard Movie Marathon.

Or something. Shy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:37 pm