The Irish Mob

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Irish Mob is boss. That is all.

Feeling creative? Want to show your love for the Mob? Do both in one go - check out the Mr/Ms Mob 2010 competition!
Don't forget to visit our chatbox for some random chatter about nothing in particular.
Invite all your friends! Invite everyone you could ever know!
Help us continue our story 6 words at a time here.

3 posters

BP sued by Ecudorian group for crimes against nature.

ephie
    ephie
    The Dagda
    The Dagda

BP sued by Ecudorian group for crimes against nature. Empty BP sued by Ecudorian group for crimes against nature.

Post by ephie Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:39 pm

BP sued by Ecudorian group for crimes against nature. Fishkill
    Those are fish. I thought it was a backwater road, but those are fish.

Washington Post wrote:A suit filed in Ecuador charges the oil giant BP with "violating the rights of Nature" for the gulf oil spill, Democracy Now reports. Filed by a group of environmentalists, the suit charges BP with harming the ocean. The Ecuadorian constitution recognizes the rights of nature across the globe.

An NPR report shows that of the 4 million barrels that flowed into the ocean, much of it sunk to the bottom of the gulf, where it remains today.

In other BP news, the company is venturing into film-making with a new feature length film about the Deepwater Horizon spill. The company told the New York Times it was for an internal audience at BP -- and not to burnish their tarnished reputation. BP has already made about 190 short documentaries for its Web site.
    Sauce.

I say finally. There's been no real legal action taken against BP for this, and there needs to be. This was a BIG BIG spill and a big big problem for the Gulf. Why the rest of the Gulf countries aren't doing more is beyond me.

BP sued by Ecudorian group for crimes against nature. 780px-Deepwater_Horizon_oil_spill_-_May_24%2C_2010_-_with_locator
    The Gulf as seen from a NASA satellite.
    Koblentz
    Koblentz
    Can't Triforce
    Can't Triforce

BP sued by Ecudorian group for crimes against nature. Empty Re: BP sued by Ecudorian group for crimes against nature.

Post by Koblentz Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:38 am

Despite my belief that this lawsuit won't lead to anything, I'm very happy it's being filed. At the very least it's keeping the spill fresh in everyone's minds.

Last edited by Koblentz on Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Nader
    Nader
    DERP
    DERP

BP sued by Ecudorian group for crimes against nature. Empty Re: BP sued by Ecudorian group for crimes against nature.

Post by Nader Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:48 pm

Ecuador has had an interesting history with oil companies.. they're also in a long heated suit against Exxon-Mobil over oil pits that are leaking into the Amazon... which they play the blame game on and fight like 6 year olds.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:33 pm