The Irish Mob

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Irish Mob is boss. That is all.

Feeling creative? Want to show your love for the Mob? Do both in one go - check out the Mr/Ms Mob 2010 competition!
Don't forget to visit our chatbox for some random chatter about nothing in particular.
Invite all your friends! Invite everyone you could ever know!
Help us continue our story 6 words at a time here.

+4
Tator Tot
Rhosauce
Koblentz
J3ipolarGod
8 posters

The Autumn (BP's Band)

J3ipolarGod
    J3ipolarGod
    I am disappoint
    I am disappoint

The Autumn (BP's Band) Empty The Autumn (BP's Band)

Post by J3ipolarGod Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:07 pm

Well I guess it's about time I actually got around to posting this on the forums so here it goes. I guess I'll start by spitting out the "official" band bio.

The Autumn's Official Bio wrote:

The Autumn (BP's Band) Banner2

The Autumn's debut album "Wanting..." features songs with an exceptional variety of influences, ranging from three chord pop rock, to metal, progressive, alternative, blues, and experimentation with ambient textures. It is this wide range of music that defines the band, and makes it such an exciting thing to experience. With their first album, the band is just getting started, but amazing things are sure to come.

The Autumn is 4 piece band from Monroe, CT and they do all originals primarily. Songs are influenced from progressive tunes to pop punk, metal, alternative and blues. Sarah Autumn is the lead singer and rhythm guitarist for the band. Jay Northrop takes care of the drumming/percussion. Jake Avetisian plays bass and even a little violin, and Craig William takes care of lead guitar and some back up vocals.

The band was originally put together with Sarah and Jay with a friend of theirs, Izi, who was the original bassist. After Izi relocated the band went on a hiatus for about a year until finding the man from outer space, Jake, and with the help of Craig, the band found it's voice with two guitars.

If you trying to find something new to listen to, whether you are into metal, rock, punk, alternative, or even blues, then The Autumn is definitely a refreshing sound reminding us all that good kick-ass rock and roll is not dead.

If you guys are interested and want to get to know a little more about the band, then check out our Facebook or go take a look at our Myspace.

OR

If you want to download the WHOLE ALBUM FOR FREE, then click here for The Autumn's Official Webpage

Enjoy! We look forward to seeing some new faces at our next shows!

DISCLAIMER: I apologize in advance for the sound quality of the videos. They were all taken by camera phones. I really hope you guys take a listen to the album versions of the songs. Compared to the videos, they're way better Also, I know we fucked up a lot in these vids. Mind you they were taken at our first two shows and we've been together almost a year now and I'd like to think that we've since grown and gotten a bit tighter as far as our playing is concerned. Grin

Aside from all that nonsense I hope you all enjoy it and if we end up in a city near you, then please come check us out. Right now we're based mostly around the NY/CT/NJ area but hope to branch out more ASAP.

(Click on my siggie. It'll direct you to our webbie as well!)

Last edited by J3ipolarGod on Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Koblentz
    Koblentz
    Can't Triforce
    Can't Triforce

The Autumn (BP's Band) Empty Re: The Autumn (BP's Band)

Post by Koblentz Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:22 pm

Download these guys' album, it's great!
    Rhosauce
    Rhosauce
    Can't Triforce
    Can't Triforce

Post by Rhosauce Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:04 pm

I apologize now if this is all over the place but this is how my brain works. I pretty much just type as I think. Here goes:

Downloading as we speak.

On the videos:

I can't really hear too much of the second video without wanting to spoon out my ears due to poor sound quality but the first video... it reminds me of the feeling I get when I listen to some of Opeth's slower stuff. Same sort of melancholic atmosphere. I really like it.

(Off topic: I giggled at your hair in the third video). I love the riffs and beats of the third one but I can't hear Sarah (that's her name, right?) sing. Oh Noes

First rule of business when I move to NY - watch you guys live with Eph. Blushing

On the album:

Oh hey, the download finished before I finished my post. Awesome. *Listens now*

(Wait, 3 of 5 isn't on the album? Wat? I'm so confused). I love, love, love Sarah's voice. One of the riffs - from The Useless - actually reminds me a lot of Explosions in the Sky. This is a very good thing. Very, very good thing.

You guys are really great, BP. You should visit the Nassau area sometime next summer. Laa

And kudos for having a song that's over 10 minutes long!
    J3ipolarGod
    J3ipolarGod
    I am disappoint
    I am disappoint

Post by J3ipolarGod Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:12 pm

We're supposed to play some place out in LI some time. I think it's called the Drunken Donkey or something along those lines. I know the name of the venue has the word "Donkey" in it....lol!!

Rhosauce wrote:And kudos for having a song that's over 10 minutes long!

That's my favorite song to play. It's good on the album but when we do it live, it's so much more intense. Kinda like one of those 20 minute improv jams that Zeppelin used to do in their heyday. At least that's what it reminds me of.

Thanks for the kind words!

Last edited by J3ipolarGod on Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Rhosauce
    Rhosauce
    Can't Triforce
    Can't Triforce

Post by Rhosauce Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:14 pm

"Some time" better mean "the day after Rho arrives in LI next year". Also, I moved this to the links section so it's up there at the top of the forum. Grin
    J3ipolarGod
    J3ipolarGod
    I am disappoint
    I am disappoint

Post by J3ipolarGod Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:15 pm

Rhosauce wrote:"Some time" better mean "the day after Rho arrives in LI next year". Also, I moved this to the links section so it's up there at the top of the forum. Grin

Danke!!!
    Tator Tot
    Tator Tot
    Can't Triforce
    Can't Triforce

Post by Tator Tot Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:16 pm

I <3 BP's band.

We're facebook butbuddies so I actually listen to them (via the facebook player) from time to time.

Downloading the album now.
    Rhosauce
    Rhosauce
    Can't Triforce
    Can't Triforce

Post by Rhosauce Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:17 pm

Yeah, just found the band's Facebook page. Blushing
    ephie
    ephie
    The Dagda
    The Dagda

Post by ephie Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:19 pm

Good stuff. I like some of your riffings mate, good work. The Autumn (BP's Band) 787498
    Xian
    Xian
    You are tearin' me apart!
    You are tearin' me apart!

Post by Xian Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:41 pm

listened to blood and immediately fell i love Moozik
    Wildman
    Wildman
    I am disappoint
    I am disappoint

Post by Wildman Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:21 pm

BP i was just wondering why the chick is labeled the lead vocalist, because i am on the fourth song and all i have heard is you singing.
    J3ipolarGod
    J3ipolarGod
    I am disappoint
    I am disappoint

Post by J3ipolarGod Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:25 pm

Haha...I do backup vocals, mang!!!!
    Tator Tot
    Tator Tot
    Can't Triforce
    Can't Triforce

Post by Tator Tot Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:38 pm

I'm with Xian, just listened to Blood earlier today and I had to crank it.

That song really reminded me of something I've heard before (underground band wise) I just can't put my finger on it.

Still loved the song though.
    Rally87
    Rally87
    Jessi Slaughter
    Jessi Slaughter

Post by Rally87 Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:12 pm

Most Cool.....downloading now!!!

Moozik

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 07, 2024 10:47 pm