The Irish Mob

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Irish Mob is boss. That is all.

Feeling creative? Want to show your love for the Mob? Do both in one go - check out the Mr/Ms Mob 2010 competition!
Don't forget to visit our chatbox for some random chatter about nothing in particular.
Invite all your friends! Invite everyone you could ever know!
Help us continue our story 6 words at a time here.

+8
Eggbert
Koblentz
Sloid
Exxy
Rhosauce
Tator Tot
Wildman
Nader
12 posters

Gaming Names

Gaming Names Empty Gaming Names

Post by Guest Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:51 am

My name Redline comes from way back when I wanted to try playing Halo (the first one) but couldn't think of a name. My older brother decided that Redline would be cool because it means a limit and a gun redlines due to overuse by overheating.
    Also because I'm the limit of his patience... Sigh

What about you guys? Where do yours come from?
    Nader
    Nader
    DERP
    DERP

Gaming Names Empty Re: Gaming Names

Post by Nader Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:53 am

From a discussion in my freshman year of high school in geometry.. my friends and I were going to a place to play Halo and were trying to think of silly names and one of my friends used the named G.W. Bush and they just said that I'm Nader. Henceforth I was known as Nader.
    Wildman
    Wildman
    I am disappoint
    I am disappoint

Post by Wildman Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:02 am

Well when i was a scamp in middle school, i was huge in to halo. I had to make a profile and just wanted something good so i named it HitmanWildman (still my live account name). Then a few years later i realized how dumb that kind of was so i took off the hitman part and just shortened it to Wildman not to mention i can get pretty wild sometimes, ask Nader.
    Tator Tot
    Tator Tot
    Can't Triforce
    Can't Triforce

Post by Tator Tot Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:46 am

I was Dakafall for the longest time on the DoD:s scene before tooo many people started copping that name.

Got annoyed with it; so while I was at a Lan Party with Nader and everyone we were (again) fucking around with stupid names. We had a French Fry on the team so I was "Tator Tot - French Fries half-brotha" then the next game we loaded I accidentally forgot to get rid of the "unnammed" in the default name section so I was "unnamed Tator Tot"

Threw a "The" at the start to make it more "official" sounding.

I also used "Tator" instead of "Tater" because people use the proper spelling all the time. Improper would set me apart without using any stupid characters.
    Rhosauce
    Rhosauce
    Can't Triforce
    Can't Triforce

Post by Rhosauce Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:54 am

Rho comes from an old Halo buddy who was too lazy to say "Robby" and it stuck. Rhosauce comes from a time when a GW buddy exclaimed, "RHO... SAUCE!" upon me entering our old voip server.

And I thought it sounded tasty. Woo.
    Exxy
    Exxy
    DERP
    DERP

Post by Exxy Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:41 am

Exxy is a nickname of a nickname of a nickname. I'll explain:

I started out with Xtech back when I was playing Counter-Strike 1.6. When I started playing WoW, my nick became Xarrior (Xtech's Warrior combined >.>). During the WoW time, I picked up the nick Xartard, and used that for playing TF2 after I quit WoW. Then a friend of the clan I was in at the time couldn't pronounce Xartard properly, so she started calling me "Exxy". So I just stuck with that.
    Sloid
    Sloid
    DERP
    DERP

Gaming Names Empty lolz at my name

Post by Sloid Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:08 am

Sloid comes from when i was creating my battlefield 2 account and i accidentally mispelled "Solid".
    I was unaware of this for my first few rounds, and got promoted, and then realised i was "Sloid", but it was too late to change it back, and so ive just stuck with Sloid ever since.
    amen to stupidity
    Koblentz
    Koblentz
    Can't Triforce
    Can't Triforce

Post by Koblentz Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:31 pm

Me and this other guy with the same first name used to LAN Unreal Tournament (back in 2001-2002) with friends using our real last names; his was Coblents. We had played enough with this group to have signature characters and playstyles. The two of us one day decided to play a joke on our friends and swap names, which threw a couple of them for a loop.

I took my PC home and played online without thinking to change my name. Ever since then I've played under the name "Koblentz".
    Eggbert
    Eggbert
    I am disappoint
    I am disappoint

Post by Eggbert Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:06 pm

I started playing online games a lot in my early days at secondary school and I quickly realised I'd need a name for it. So I sat in English one day thinking of a name for about 10 minutes and I came up with Eggbert. Pretty boring really.
    rocket455
    rocket455
    Sad Keanu
    Sad Keanu

Post by rocket455 Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:57 pm

Growing up I was called gator because of my track abilities and speed, when that was over due to Spinal Stenosis and I was online, somehow I came up with and your going to laugh, my first ever was "Kozy"... Eventually I found that name to be well lack of better word, queer... HAHA

Then back in the early nineties I got a 72 Cutlass 455 Rocket Olds, thus, Rocket455 came in to play, but I also use GamerHookup too.

There ya have it, I use those two name everywhere I go depending on what I do on that site.
    Xian
    Xian
    You are tearin' me apart!
    You are tearin' me apart!

Post by Xian Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:34 pm

Xian, comes from an old interest i had in ancient Chinese history, in Daoist/Taoist philosophy it can mean spiritually immortal

others i used to go by include:

chalky - nickname from my surname of white

aimless - used to be an awesome rifle player in medal of honor, one player describe me of "having no aim, its just fluid movment that kills"

wizard - same old game, different derived nickname of aimless
    ericxboba
    ericxboba
    DERP
    DERP

Post by ericxboba Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:30 pm

eric x boba.

well, the eric part is pretty self-explanatory...it's my real name. the boba actually doesn't come from star wars as most people think.

i used to go downtown with some friends and get boba tea (a fruit drink with tapioca balls at the bottom that you drink up through a big straw) and someone coined the nickname eric boba. So, i just made it my gamertag for most everything! And that is the story.
    Foblentz
    Foblentz
    Sad Keanu
    Sad Keanu

Post by Foblentz Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:11 pm

Foblentz came out of need to distinguish me from Koblentz while I played on his accounts.

Panzyschrek on the other hand- ... I think I was playing some DODs or something and just had one of those "aha!" moments- play on Panzerschrek, mostly because I was a pansy first playing. Camper queen, no more. I blast those mofos now. Kaboom
    Tator Tot
    Tator Tot
    Can't Triforce
    Can't Triforce

Post by Tator Tot Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:15 pm

@Eric

We've got that, except it's called Bubble Tea here Gaming Names 710303
    ericxboba
    ericxboba
    DERP
    DERP

Post by ericxboba Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:10 am

Tator Tot wrote:@Eric

We've got that, except it's called Bubble Tea here Gaming Names 710303

Haha...yeah...i've seen it called both things. Stuff is good...
    Tator Tot
    Tator Tot
    Can't Triforce
    Can't Triforce

Post by Tator Tot Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:19 am

Some people don't like it, personally I love it.
    The balls are fun to chew on, but I also <3 gummy candy with a passion.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:03 pm