The Irish Mob

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Irish Mob is boss. That is all.

Feeling creative? Want to show your love for the Mob? Do both in one go - check out the Mr/Ms Mob 2010 competition!
Don't forget to visit our chatbox for some random chatter about nothing in particular.
Invite all your friends! Invite everyone you could ever know!
Help us continue our story 6 words at a time here.

+9
Griggle990
Coffin Dodger
Tator Tot
Eggbert
ephie
Kromel
Exxy
ericxboba
Koblentz
13 posters

Elder Scrolls V: SKYRIM

Koblentz
    Koblentz
    Can't Triforce
    Can't Triforce

Elder Scrolls V: SKYRIM Empty Elder Scrolls V: SKYRIM

Post by Koblentz Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:14 am

11.11.11 SAVE THE DATE
    ericxboba
    ericxboba
    DERP
    DERP

Elder Scrolls V: SKYRIM Empty Re: Elder Scrolls V: SKYRIM

Post by ericxboba Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:57 am

Just saw that a little bit ago...can't wait. Anyone here still play Elder Scrolls IV or Morrowind?
    Exxy
    Exxy
    DERP
    DERP

Post by Exxy Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:44 am

I still play Oblivion on the PS3 from time to time. I mostly do it to be a thieving little bastard though.
    Kromel
    Kromel
    Bed Intruder
    Bed Intruder

Post by Kromel Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:05 am

I think I still have Oblivion somewheres. Had it on the 360 but gave it away since I only played it a few times since I had it on my PC.

PC version is vastly superior with all the community add-ons you can get.

There was a Multiplayer mod in development, but it failed. =(
    ephie
    ephie
    The Dagda
    The Dagda

Post by ephie Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:08 pm

Hopefully 5 has some sort of Multiplayer.
    Eggbert
    Eggbert
    I am disappoint
    I am disappoint

Post by Eggbert Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:39 pm

I think I WILL save the date.
    Tator Tot
    Tator Tot
    Can't Triforce
    Can't Triforce

Post by Tator Tot Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:01 pm

So here's hoping for another Morrowind re-hash with updated graphics and lots of bugs.
    Bethesda can go die in a fire Loathing

Seriously, inb4sux, cause I have ZERO faith in this game. I watched the trailer which showed us nothing. The same thing happened with Oblivion and it was a piece of crap game.

Morrowind was an epic gaming experience for it's time and was devistating to see the great fall like that but Fallout 3 & Oblivion were bad games that were not properly supported or developed in the first place.
    Coffin Dodger
    Coffin Dodger
    Sad Keanu
    Sad Keanu

Post by Coffin Dodger Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:08 pm

This is exciting my nether regions greatly O.O

Tot.... i know you have a high standard for games and so do i..but i learned something... the perfect game happens once every 10 years or so. Sometimes it's better to let go and find what's good in the game.
    Griggle990
    Griggle990
    You are tearin' me apart!

Post by Griggle990 Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:21 pm

I played III for the Xbox and IV for the Xbox 360. I think I still have both of them. I didn't like Morrowind because the game looked so gloomy and ugly. Plus I didn't know what to do and I kept getting lost. Oblivion was much more enjoyable with its great colorful environments and graphics. The story was easy to follow and with the all of the side quests and downloads made this game epic. Plus I loved the ability to instantly travel to all of the places you visited with the map.
    Tator Tot
    Tator Tot
    Can't Triforce
    Can't Triforce

Post by Tator Tot Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:56 pm

I don't have really high standards for games; but when a developer lets a known bug sit for a year on end, and it only gets patched unofficially by the modding community; I cannot support that developer.
    That's like buying anything, and it has a defect that the manufacturer will not fix. Completely inexcusable.
    Coffin Dodger
    Coffin Dodger
    Sad Keanu
    Sad Keanu

Post by Coffin Dodger Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:59 pm

hmmm reminds me when fallout 3 released....that was fun
    Tator Tot
    Tator Tot
    Can't Triforce
    Can't Triforce

Post by Tator Tot Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:02 pm

Exactly my point; if they had supported the game like they did Morrowind I would have been fine with it.

Though I also highly disagree with patching of console games. Consoles are set hardware and you should not need to patch anything. You should only update to add features. Especially with the budget some of those games get compared to PC games where you have to develop for multiple hardware varieties.
    Griggle990
    Griggle990

Post by Griggle990 Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:43 pm

No console games almost all need patches because there are always problems they didn't see and is required to fix it. I think it is great that console games today have patches since that means the developer is supporting the fan base of the game.
    Koblentz
    Koblentz
    Can't Triforce
    Can't Triforce

Post by Koblentz Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:22 pm

Nah, Skyrim is going to be a great game just like all the other Elder Scrolls games have been.

I don't know how much you played Oblivion, but if you're still stuck on the bugs that weren't removed through official patches, you missed a massive part of the entire experience: the mods. Without mods the game is fun but lackluster; with mods it's a completely different experience.
    Tator Tot
    Tator Tot
    Can't Triforce
    Can't Triforce

Post by Tator Tot Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:28 pm

That's the problem. TES4 wasn't good without mods.

I shouldn't have to mod my game with unofficial content to make it good. Especially not a single player game.
    I've played all the mods, rocked the game from noon till daybreak. It's still piece of shit game.

And good console games have very little bug fixing to do. Most things they apply through patches are content updates. Adding more or just making some small changes (like adjusting damage values.)

TF2 (only by Microshaft's terrocricy) was not patched on the 360 for the longest time, but had less bugs than the PC version and ran smoothly for the most part.
    It's patches so far, have been almost all content based. They had 2 minor patches for adding the "Place on HDD" support and one other for a small glitch that they had.
    Griggle990
    Griggle990

Post by Griggle990 Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:44 pm

Tator Tot wrote:That's the problem. TES4 wasn't good without mods.

I shouldn't have to mod my game with unofficial content to make it good. Especially not a single player game.
    I've played all the mods, rocked the game from noon till daybreak. It's still piece of shit game.

And good console games have very little bug fixing to do. Most things they apply through patches are content updates. Adding more or just making some small changes (like adjusting damage values.)

TF2 (only by Microshaft's terrocricy) was not patched on the 360 for the longest time, but had less bugs than the PC version and ran smoothly for the most part.
    It's patches so far, have been almost all content based. They had 2 minor patches for adding the "Place on HDD" support and one other for a small glitch that they had.
    No it was good. What, you think TES3 was any better? Look TES4 was a very good game. Of course, it goes without saying that moding any game to the way you like it will make the game more enjoyable. But TES4 was good by itself, yes the gates to hell areas were a bit repetitive, but the game overall was very creative and enjoyable. So whats the problem? A few bugs? Who cares.
    Koblentz
    Koblentz
    Can't Triforce
    Can't Triforce

Post by Koblentz Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:29 pm

Tator Tot wrote:I've played all the mods, rocked the game from noon till daybreak. It's still piece of shit game.
    Must not be your kind of game, that's all.
    Tator Tot
    Tator Tot
    Can't Triforce
    Can't Triforce

Post by Tator Tot Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:01 am

Griggle990 wrote:
    No it was good. What, you think TES3 was any better? Look TES4 was a very good game. Of course, it goes without saying that moding any game to the way you like it will make the game more enjoyable. But TES4 was good by itself, yes the gates to hell areas were a bit repetitive, but the game overall was very creative and enjoyable. So whats the problem? A few bugs? Who cares.
    What part was creative? TES3 was only better for the fact that TES4 was the same game except it came out 4 years later with no improvements in the game.
    Koblentz wrote:Must not be your kind of game, that's all.
    No trust me, it was. I played TES3 so hard that it broke my Xbox's in-game time counter twice. The second time I actually had to replace the HDD because it was locked up.

That's the problem though, TES 3 was great for it's time, then they spent all their money on a graphics update and some voice talent. But nothing to add to the experience or improve the game in any way.
    I was playing a dated game that just looked better, a visual update does not make a game worth full retail price or anything more than $10. Show me what drastic improvements to gameplay that they made to make it a good game.

Those who claimed TES4 was a good game either never played TES3 or are just trying to hold onto glory.
    Koblentz
    Koblentz
    Can't Triforce
    Can't Triforce

Post by Koblentz Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:09 am

The more you write about Oblivion, the more apparent it becomes that you just didn't like the game and should probably leave the thread so others who are anticipating it can do so without having to sit through your histrionics.
    Tator Tot
    Tator Tot
    Can't Triforce
    Can't Triforce

Post by Tator Tot Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:33 am

Koblentz wrote:The more you write about Oblivion, the more apparent it becomes that you just didn't like the game and should probably leave the thread so others who are anticipating it can do so without having to sit through your histrionics.

So I should leave the thread because I didn't like the game?
    I hope TES5 is actually worth while.

TES4 was a bad game.

No one has even offered a counter argument as to why it's a bad game:
    1.) Did not expand on the gameplay at all
    2.) Offered nothing more (feature wise) than TES3 did besides a graphics update and better VA (both of which are good for movies, not games.)
    3.) Did not fix anything that was a problem with TES 3 like multiclassing, immersion, nor fixing any of the world traversing issues, or actually learning anything from what the fans complained about before conserning the worlds Copy-Pasta feel.

And while the main characters (all 3 of them) had quality writing. Though; they did nothing with the people of the world.

There's good games that expand on the same formula. TES4 was not one of those games.

Will any of these issues be fixed with the next TES game? Probably not. Do I honestly hope for the best so I can play an RPG again that'll hold me addicted for the next 12 hours strait till I realize that if I go on I'll no longer be fat and I stil need to pee.
    ephie
    ephie
    The Dagda
    The Dagda

Post by ephie Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:01 am

Tot mate, you need to take a chiller. I love that you're passionate and debating, but you're pulling down the thread a bit.
    Wildman
    Wildman
    I am disappoint
    I am disappoint

Post by Wildman Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:16 am

I loved ES3, i got the game of the year addition of 4 but i never played it much and it collects dust now, the Oblivion gates were all the same from what i remember and i didn't get horribly far i don't think, i like the look and a bit more mobility so you didn't have to walk all over the damn place but for me to consider playing 5 it needs to dazzle me. Given that i have not yet watched the trailer yet. I hope it does good though.
    Griggle990
    Griggle990

Post by Griggle990 Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:15 am

Tator Tot wrote:
    Koblentz wrote:The more you write about Oblivion, the more apparent it becomes that you just didn't like the game and should probably leave the thread so others who are anticipating it can do so without having to sit through your histrionics.

So I should leave the thread because I didn't like the game?
    I hope TES5 is actually worth while.

TES4 was a bad game.

No one has even offered a counter argument as to why it's a bad game:
    1.) Did not expand on the gameplay at all
    2.) Offered nothing more (feature wise) than TES3 did besides a graphics update and better VA (both of which are good for movies, not games.)
    3.) Did not fix anything that was a problem with TES 3 like multiclassing, immersion, nor fixing any of the world traversing issues, or actually learning anything from what the fans complained about before conserning the worlds Copy-Pasta feel.

And while the main characters (all 3 of them) had quality writing. Though; they did nothing with the people of the world.

There's good games that expand on the same formula. TES4 was not one of those games.

Will any of these issues be fixed with the next TES game? Probably not. Do I honestly hope for the best so I can play an RPG again that'll hold me addicted for the next 12 hours strait till I realize that if I go on I'll no longer be fat and I stil need to pee.
    What do you mean no gameplay changes. Wasn't their map system completely redesigned. The ability to instantly travel to previously visited location is a big improvement over the taxi system of TES3. The game also shows you where you need to travel to on the map, instead of just a long description that is hard at times to follow. Plus it si not just a graphical upgrade, its a graphical overhaw.
    Tator Tot
    Tator Tot
    Can't Triforce
    Can't Triforce

Post by Tator Tot Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:23 pm

Griggle990 wrote:What do you mean no gameplay changes. Wasn't their map system completely redesigned. The ability to instantly travel to previously visited location is a big improvement over the taxi system of TES3. The game also shows you where you need to travel to on the map, instead of just a long description that is hard at times to follow. Plus it si not just a graphical upgrade, its a graphical overhaw.

Instant Travel removed your immersion in the game though and could have been thought out much better.
    WoW is a good example of a world traversing systems that work well. Even though I am not a fan of WoW and it's herroin like qualities along with it's grinding. The world traversing system kept you in the universe; in the mythos, you felt like you never left. On the other hand; you just go blink blink with the instant travel with no reason. It just happens.

Plenty of games have instant travel systems that work, WoW & Diablo both have their Town Stones & Scrolls of Town Portal which keep you in the Mythos.
    In diablo you have to buy scrolls or find them, they are imbuned with ancient magic passed down through ages which link directly to mysteries you only barely scratch the surface of (Harrodrim) and with WoW your stone is granted power by you and must recharge over time and cannot be over used.

Taxi systems of TES3 was slow and could have been improved uppon.

TES3's expansion showed you where you needed to travel on the map.

Also, TES 3 was the NetImmerse which was then updated to the Gamebyro Engine. Between the two you only have subtle differences, the big difference to note between the two is the add-on support. IE: Being able to plug in other and newer components to Gamebyro to expand upon it's abilities.
    It's even only based on a very early version of Gamebyro for that matter; though the Engine itself is not a very good one. Better implementations of the engine have existed.
    Bully - by Rockstar
    Sid Meier's Pirates & Civ IV
    Dark Age of Camelot
    Griggle990
    Griggle990

Post by Griggle990 Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:24 am

Tator Tot wrote:
    Griggle990 wrote:What do you mean no gameplay changes. Wasn't their map system completely redesigned. The ability to instantly travel to previously visited location is a big improvement over the taxi system of TES3. The game also shows you where you need to travel to on the map, instead of just a long description that is hard at times to follow. Plus it si not just a graphical upgrade, its a graphical overhaw.

Instant Travel removed your immersion in the game though and could have been thought out much better.
    WoW is a good example of a world traversing systems that work well. Even though I am not a fan of WoW and it's herroin like qualities along with it's grinding. The world traversing system kept you in the universe; in the mythos, you felt like you never left. On the other hand; you just go blink blink with the instant travel with no reason. It just happens.

Plenty of games have instant travel systems that work, WoW & Diablo both have their Town Stones & Scrolls of Town Portal which keep you in the Mythos.
    In diablo you have to buy scrolls or find them, they are imbuned with ancient magic passed down through ages which link directly to mysteries you only barely scratch the surface of (Harrodrim) and with WoW your stone is granted power by you and must recharge over time and cannot be over used.

Taxi systems of TES3 was slow and could have been improved uppon.

TES3's expansion showed you where you needed to travel on the map.

Also, TES 3 was the NetImmerse which was then updated to the Gamebyro Engine. Between the two you only have subtle differences, the big difference to note between the two is the add-on support. IE: Being able to plug in other and newer components to Gamebyro to expand upon it's abilities.
    It's even only based on a very early version of Gamebyro for that matter; though the Engine itself is not a very good one. Better implementations of the engine have existed.
    Bully - by Rockstar
    Sid Meier's Pirates & Civ IV
    Dark Age of Camelot
    Ok I understand that an instant teleportation map system may take you out of the experience. But in TES4 it worked because it takes a while to go from one place to another and the time of day takes that in account when you use the map. So it is like you have traveled there by foot but skipped the boring part of you actually having to walk all the way there. Plus you have to visit the place once to unlock it on the map. Also the graphics looks a whole lot better because it was always dark in TES3, and it was sunny during daytimes in TES4 which was a big change from TES3.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:55 pm