The Irish Mob

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Irish Mob is boss. That is all.

Feeling creative? Want to show your love for the Mob? Do both in one go - check out the Mr/Ms Mob 2010 competition!
Don't forget to visit our chatbox for some random chatter about nothing in particular.
Invite all your friends! Invite everyone you could ever know!
Help us continue our story 6 words at a time here.

+4
ericxboba
J3ipolarGod
Sloid
Xian
8 posters

Favourite Quotes

Favourite Quotes Empty Favourite Quotes

Post by Guest Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:28 pm

"THERE WAS A FIREFIGHT!" - Paul Smecker (The Boondock Saints, 1999)

"Spears shall be shaken, shields shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day ere the sun rises!" - Theoden (The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King, 2003)

"Ride to ruin and the world's ending!" - Theoden (The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King, 2003)

"We did what we were trained to do, what we were bred to do, what we were born to do!" - Dilios (300, 2006)

"Hundreds leave, a handful stay. Only one looks back." - Dilios (300, 2006)

"I'm not great at farewells, so uh... that'll do, pig." - Tallahassee (Zombieland, 2009)

Last edited by Redline on Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:23 am; edited 4 times in total
    Xian
    Xian
    You are tearin' me apart!
    You are tearin' me apart!

Favourite Quotes Empty Re: Favourite Quotes

Post by Xian Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:03 pm

from the film yesterday, best thing i can remember:

----
    Ivan Checkov: I am Ivan Checkov, and you will be closing now.

Murphy: Checkov? Well, this here's McCoy. We find a Spock, we got us an away team.

---

and two from my Fb page that i love:

---
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)
    ---
    ---
    Science has proof without any certainty. Creationists have certainty without any proof. - Ashley Montague
    ---
    Sloid
    Sloid
    DERP
    DERP

Favourite Quotes Empty mines

Post by Sloid Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:36 pm

"I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when u find the time, id rather not spend the rest of this winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!" Gary from The Thing

"If you want the ultimate, you gotta be willing to pay the ultimate price" Swayze from Point Break

"YEAH FUCK YOU TOO" Kurt Russell from The Thing

"Never do today which can be put off till tomorrow"

"Well its not fucking Boris Pecker is it" My mate Iain when playing pub quiz XD
    J3ipolarGod
    J3ipolarGod
    I am disappoint
    I am disappoint

Post by J3ipolarGod Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:47 pm

Alright. Here are a few good ones that I've come across recently.

Alan Watts wrote: --How is it possible that a being with such sensitive jewels as the eyes, such enchanted musical instruments as the ears, and such fabulous arabesque of nerves as the brain can experience itself anything less than a god.--

--The moralist is the person who tells people that they ought to be unselfish, when they still feel like egos, and his efforts are always and invariably futile.--

This next quote is probably one of my favorites.

Carl Sagan wrote:

Favourite Quotes Image002

"Consider again, that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam."

Robert Anton Wilson wrote: I would consider it the height of intellectual laziness and mental incompetence to invoke the word "God" to cover the limitations of my imagination and vocabulary.

Later in that passage, Robert Anton Wilson goes on to quote Aleister Crowley when asked to define the Tao. Aleister wrote:

"The result of subtracting the universe from itself"

...more to come soon. I've got a lot!!!

ericxboba
    ericxboba
    DERP
    DERP

Post by ericxboba Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:13 pm

From Man on Fire:

Fuentes: A last wish, please, please. Please.
    Creasy: Last wish? I wish you had more time.
    SoJexs
    SoJexs
    DERP
    DERP

Post by SoJexs Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:41 pm

"Sometimes you wake up. Sometimes the fall kills you. And sometimes, when you fall, you fly."

Wildman
    Wildman
    I am disappoint
    I am disappoint

Post by Wildman Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:31 am

"Where we're going we don't need roads." - Back to the Future, Doc Brown

"He had the craziest look in his eye and at one point he said lets get it on." - Step Brothers, Brennan (Will Ferrell)

"WHEN THE FUCK DID WE GET ICE CREAM?!?!?!?!?" - The Ringer

Grumpier Old Men

John: (outside in teh cold) I'm COLD!!!
    Max: Here's some matches set, yourself on fire.

"Eddy, If i woke up tomorrow with my head sewn to the carpet i wouldn't be more than i am right now." -Clark W. Griswald Jr.

I have plenty more if you need them.

ephie
    ephie
    The Dagda
    The Dagda

Post by ephie Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:37 am

Look Down
    V-------V

Post by Guest Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:19 am

"It's over, it's over. You did great! Do you need anything? Can we get you anything?"
    "Ice cream... I'd like an ice cream please."
    "Okay, what flavor?"
    "Doesn't matter. It's for my ass." - Evolution (2001)
    Eggbert
    Eggbert
    I am disappoint
    I am disappoint

Post by Eggbert Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:39 am

"You take the piss out of Al Jolson again and I will remove your iPod from its tiny nano-sheath and push it up your cock. Then I'll put some speakers up your arse and put it on to shuffle with my fucking fist. Then, every time I hear something that I don't like - which will be every time that something comes on - I will skip to the next track by crushing your balls." - Jamie (The Thick of It, 2006)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:58 pm