The Irish Mob

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Irish Mob is boss. That is all.

Feeling creative? Want to show your love for the Mob? Do both in one go - check out the Mr/Ms Mob 2010 competition!
Don't forget to visit our chatbox for some random chatter about nothing in particular.
Invite all your friends! Invite everyone you could ever know!
Help us continue our story 6 words at a time here.

4 posters

Intel brings Lego's to life with OASIS

Tator Tot
    Tator Tot
    Can't Triforce
    Can't Triforce

Intel brings Lego's to life with OASIS Empty Intel brings Lego's to life with OASIS

Post by Tator Tot Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:24 pm

Okay, this is about the neatest thing that you will see on Black Friday. Intel has been working on a system called OASIS (Object Aware Situated Interaction System) that combines projections with Lego. This system uses cameras that can detect both objects and depth. As a result, it knows where the Lego toys are, and can even add a little bit of special effects with the practical application of some projectors.
    The source

I felt this was pretty cool and you all would enjoy it.
    The video is solely the best part of it.

The OASIS project is huge and has many possibilities but I have to love when someone just has fun with Lego's.

Added video. -eph
    ephie
    ephie
    The Dagda
    The Dagda

Intel brings Lego's to life with OASIS Empty Re: Intel brings Lego's to life with OASIS

Post by ephie Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:40 pm

That's quite cool from the sounds of it and the first picture, but I'd need to see more before I'm completely sold on it. Cool stuff, Tot!
    Eggbert
    Eggbert
    I am disappoint
    I am disappoint

Intel brings Lego's to life with OASIS Empty Re: Intel brings Lego's to life with OASIS

Post by Eggbert Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:48 pm

I'd just like an excuse to piss about with Lego again really so I'm not complaining.
    Tator Tot
    Tator Tot
    Can't Triforce
    Can't Triforce

Post by Tator Tot Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:54 pm

ephie wrote:That's quite cool from the sounds of it and the first picture, but I'd need to see more before I'm completely sold on it. Cool stuff, Tot!

The only "real" thing that has come from the OASIS project is this so for.

Right now everything else is more or less in an Alpha phase.

I'm not saying I'm sold on the idea 100%, but this definitely shows where creativity can take us. It's a level of simplistic thought that is still deeply entertaining with just a basic idea.
    Xian
    Xian
    You are tearin' me apart!
    You are tearin' me apart!

Post by Xian Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:14 pm

if it can give me a racetrack and engine noise for my very old lego technic f1 car i'd be more than pleased - was my very 1st lego build and it was before they built half of it for you (damn prebuilt panels)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:44 am