The Irish Mob

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Irish Mob is boss. That is all.

Feeling creative? Want to show your love for the Mob? Do both in one go - check out the Mr/Ms Mob 2010 competition!
Don't forget to visit our chatbox for some random chatter about nothing in particular.
Invite all your friends! Invite everyone you could ever know!
Help us continue our story 6 words at a time here.

+7
Eggbert
ephie
Tator Tot
J3ipolarGod
Rhosauce
Koblentz
IngoSmith
11 posters

Redline's Hands: Where earphones go to die.

ephie
    ephie
    The Dagda
    The Dagda

Redline's Hands: Where earphones go to die.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Redline's Hands: Where earphones go to die.

Post by ephie Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:03 pm

Tator Tot wrote:@Ephe, are your gauges big enough to put buds through?
    Quite possibly! I will try it with Red's new set this Christmas... Grin

Redline's Hands: Where earphones go to die.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Redline's Hands: Where earphones go to die.

Post by Guest Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:05 pm

I will then strangle you with the wire Anger
    Tator Tot
    Tator Tot
    Can't Triforce
    Can't Triforce

Post by Tator Tot Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:06 pm

Redline wrote:
    Bugger off Redline's Hands: Where earphones go to die.  - Page 2 686594
    Redline's Hands: Where earphones go to die.  - Page 2 56822
    ephie wrote:Quite possibly! I will try it with Red's new set this Christmas... Redline's Hands: Where earphones go to die.  - Page 2 676899
    Redline's Hands: Where earphones go to die.  - Page 2 882176 You know the drill, pix or it didn't happen
    ephie
    ephie
    The Dagda
    The Dagda

Post by ephie Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:06 pm

I'm glad we're already planning my funeral in Switzerland this Christmas... Catface
    Griggle990
    Griggle990
    You are tearin' me apart!
    You are tearin' me apart!

Post by Griggle990 Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:10 am

I personally like using headphone compared to earbuds because they feel more comfortable to me. Plus I have been using these headphones for over a year, and the only problem was the audio jack going to the device. The plastic jacket slid off which made the cable hard to take out and put back in. The nice this about theses headphones is that you can replace the cable with a new one. So I did and never had a problem since.
    SoJexs
    SoJexs
    DERP
    DERP

Post by SoJexs Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:26 am

Seeing as we don't have a Pope here, I shall take up the fanboy mantle for now.

*puts on robe and hat*

Koss PoraPros are a personal favorite of mine. Nice bass, awesome sound quality, but a whole lot of sound leakage so beware. Also, life time no questions asked warranty.
    Tator Tot
    Tator Tot
    Can't Triforce
    Can't Triforce

Post by Tator Tot Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:01 am

Ewww PortaPro's besides the Lifetime Warranty they have terrible leakage and soundstaging.
    Coffin Dodger
    Coffin Dodger
    Sad Keanu
    Sad Keanu

Post by Coffin Dodger Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:08 am

Just going to say...never destroyed a pair of ear buds...except for the time my pet rat chewed up a pair. and she was damn cute doing it. Cry depending on what you wear and how you wear the headphones around your neck they could get mauled. Or maybe you crueler to them than you think...like a prissy girl with her poor pet chihuahua. Little snuggles loves her mommie (little snuggles just peed himself again in fear)

Post by Guest Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:27 am

Griggle990 wrote:I personally like using headphone compared to earbuds because they feel more comfortable to me. Plus I have been using these headphones for over a year, and the only problem was the audio jack going to the device. The plastic jacket slid off which made the cable hard to take out and put back in. The nice this about theses headphones is that you can replace the cable with a new one. So I did and never had a problem since.
    I used to have headphones but a friend told me I looked pretentious Pout

SoJexs wrote:Seeing as we don't have a Pope here, I shall take up the fanboy mantle for now.

*puts on robe and hat*

Koss PoraPros are a personal favorite of mine. Nice bass, awesome sound quality, but a whole lot of sound leakage so beware. Also, life time no questions asked warranty.
    The Pope recommends earphones?...
    Lol, you fail at Bbcode and those look odd! I'd try them if it weren't for my trusting Tot's opinion (though, only in way of tech)

Coffin Dodger wrote:Just going to say...never destroyed a pair of ear buds...except for the time my pet rat chewed up a pair. and she was damn cute doing it. Cry depending on what you wear and how you wear the headphones around your neck they could get mauled. Or maybe you crueler to them than you think...like a prissy girl with her poor pet chihuahua. Little snuggles loves her mommie (little snuggles just peed himself again in fear)
    I think it might be the fact that I have them in the front pocket of my jeans. Maybe the bending of the wire messes it up just above the jack.
    Or maybe it's when the right side slides around the back of my head and I have to pull it back. The right one does always stop working first...
    Cry
    SoJexs
    SoJexs
    DERP
    DERP

Post by SoJexs Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:29 am

ITS BEEN A LONG TIME SINCE I POSTED ANYTHING AND I CANT HELP THAT THE FUCKING LINK SHORTCUT BLOWS *runs and cries in a corner*

But no, sound leakage is an issue with them, but I personally think the bass is worth it.
    Exxy
    Exxy
    DERP
    DERP

Post by Exxy Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:03 pm

Redline's Hands: Where earphones go to die.  - Page 2 Plantronics_gamecom_367

Got those for gaming purposes (Plantronics Gamecom 367). PURELY for the reason that I can't stand smaller headphones. I require the biggest fuckers I can afford when I get enough budget to buy headphones.

Soundwise they are awesome aswell.

For music however, I use:

Redline's Hands: Where earphones go to die.  - Page 2 HD_418_ProductImage

Sennheiser HD418. Without doubt the best headphones for music devices I've ever had. Oddly, they are labled as "TV/Hi-Fi", and I can understand why, but I would more call them MP3 (Sennheiser DISTINCTLY splits their headphones up by use in their catalogue).

The first one will pretty much not break, no matter how many times I've dropped them or pulled the chord by accident, but the latter pair seems to be a bit more fragile chord-wise.
    ephie
    ephie
    The Dagda
    The Dagda

Post by ephie Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:26 pm

Owned four pairs of Planatronics headsets before I got my TekNMotions... They were great except for when they died from throwing. I needed a headset that could take my rage. Beware though, the Planatronics are fragile. But they are nice. Grin
    Tator Tot
    Tator Tot
    Can't Triforce
    Can't Triforce

Post by Tator Tot Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:55 pm

Senn HD418's were labeled as TV/Hi-Fi because they were packaged with portable DVD Players and such.
    I don't remember who specifically who they were partnered with, but that's why.

Senn HD555's are the new best $/Quality cans you can get in terms of circumaural headphones. The only thing you may wish to consider is modding them for a few tweaks to their abilities. Makes them sound more like their big brothers (the HD595's) for $100 less.

Also, Pope is a friend that SoJexs & I know IRL
    SoJexs
    SoJexs
    DERP
    DERP

Post by SoJexs Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:43 pm

He is also very holy.

On the note of Headphones: my good Tator Tot, would you be so kind as to give a run-down of your top picks for
    -In-ear monitors
    -full size cans
    -on ear headphones
    -cheap as fuck ear speakers of any kind.

I think that this will shorten this discussion quite a lot.
    Tator Tot
    Tator Tot
    Can't Triforce
    Can't Triforce

Post by Tator Tot Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:59 am

Well my experience past the $300 range on cans gets limited, and you also have to consider what you're looking for in your cans.

Though from everything I've used:

IEM's = Ultimate Ears SuperFi 5vi

Circumaural Headphones = Sennhieser HD555

SuperAural headphones = Audio Technica ATH-M50

Cheapest good Headphones = JVC RX 700's

Cheapest good Buds = JVC Marshmellows

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:34 pm